Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Schedules, Lists, Plans and Disappointments


As anyone who has spoken to me in the last two months knows very well... I recently got into a holiday craft show. This is very exciting news. I’ve never done a show before and don’t have nearly enough inventory to do it well, which means that upon my acceptance I, in keeping with a behavior pattern which I blame entirely on my job, made lists and schedules and target goals regarding inventory at bi weekly intervals leading up to the date of the show. This level of organization and borderline obsessive crazyness is a recent development, but for once it was working for me. I mostly met my self imposed deadlines and was having a lot of fun trying out new styles and patterns to boot...

So, naturally, the show was cancelled. I don’t blame the venue or the organizer. It just didn’t work out.

Anyway.. now I once again find myself with lots of inventory which I don’t fell like posting on etsy. Le sigh.

One benefit of this is that I forced myself to branch out in terms of jewelry settings and I think the result as been pretty positive. Some of these settings are much smaller and more delicate that the huge pendant pieces which, while I like making them, I would never wear... that said, I don't really wear any jewelry so I'm a poor barometer.  

https://www.etsy.com/listing/104903039/blue-and-cream-embroidered-rose-pendant

https://www.etsy.com/listing/104902379/blue-and-red-beaded-embroidered-pendant

https://www.etsy.com/listing/106707787/purple-and-lavender-flower-embroidered

https://www.etsy.com/listing/106701700/purple-silk-ribbon-embroidered-rose

Let me know what you think!

7 comments:

  1. I have just stumbled upon your blog, and I love you're work. I make cross stitch jewellery in my spare time, and I'd love to try ribbon embroidery but I'm a bit scared and don't know where to start! You're pieces are beautiful!

    Gemma

    yousewshould.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's disappointing about the show, but your new pieces are so lovely and it's always great to have some sort of deadline or goal (like a show) to challenge you to think a little outside of your usual square. Boy, was that a long sentence! I found you via the HEN btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the first and second. so pretty! visiting you from the etsy bloggers and readers team :) lovely blog!

    happy holidays!

    Saralyn

    www.studiomaisonblog.us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Embroidering Community? Our members will love it.
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like. It’s free and easy.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
    The Embroidering Community: http://www.vorts.com/embroidering/
    I hope you consider sharing with us.
    Thank you,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    U have got a beautiful blog here<3
    following u now,do follow back:)

    My blog: stillettomaniac.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some lovely creations!

    Please join my blog hop here:
    http://www.misanthropycreation.com/2013/04/my-first-blog-hop.html

    xo Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wir mag ihre Blog, und möchten mit Ihnen Kooperation machen, mehr können Sie hochzeitskleider günstig suchen.

    ReplyDelete