Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Harry Potter Quilt - STILL not done...


I’m still working on the Harry Potter quilt... really. The more I do, and the closer I get to finishing, the more needs to be done. It makes no sense. I've lost several weekends to this thing, but you wouldn't guess it to look at it. It looks exactly like it did a month ago, in fact it might actually be regressing. I swear I've beaded the same seam like like ten times... 

I spent the day working from my living room and trying to convince my shins to speak to me again. The first part is because my office building was a little too close to some scary fire in back bay and it STILL doesn't have power. The second is because the power went out last night while I was working late, the elevators were kaput so I had to walk down more flights of stairs than I care to remember. The upshot is that I made real progress on this quilt... not that you can tell.  

Anyway, more photos... 

The Weasley's car

An owl, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Gryffindor lion and Crookshanks

Fawkes the Phoenix!

the silver doe, spiders and the whomping willow

owl post!

Professor McGonagall (as a cat)

Hogwarts crest, Hedwig and the Potter's grave

The sorting hat and the goblet of fire

If you're starting to doubt that I can finish a quilt, never fear, I have proof! Take a look at my facebook page for evidence. 

4 comments:

  1. You're doing good, keep going :)
    http://gabbysquilts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! :) I LOVE HARRY POTTER! AHH YOU'RE AWESOME! I hope my excessive use of caps expresses my excitement. This quilt is the best thing my eyes have ever seen. I'll definitely be looking forward to when you finally complete making the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! That looks amazing!!!I wish I could see the whole thing!!!!Love! Love! Love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. My daughter would go nuts to have this quilt. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete